Dekalb County, Illinois Marriage License
In order to get officially married at Chapel in the Pines, you must obtain your marriage license at the DeKalb County clerk’s office in Sycamore. Your Illinois marriage license makes your wedding official!
The friendly professional DeKalb County Staff will issue your license while you wait within 30 minutes.
Please contact DeKalb County Clerks office at 815.895.7149 to obtain more detailed information on applying for a marriage license. The marriage license is not obtained at the Court House.
The fee for a marriage license is about $35.00.
Certified copies are $15.00 for the first certified copy and $5.00 for each additional certified copy and can be requested at the same time as applying for a marriage license.
DeKalb County allows couples to prepay for certified copies of the marriage license.
Please note the fees could change, we recommend contacting the DeKalb County Clerk’s office or go to their website to receive the latest update on fees and rules.
Timelines and Restrictions
- DeKalb County, IL marriage licenses are only effective in DeKalb County, Illinois
- Marriage Licenses are issued while you wait, or mail in for quicker service
- Marriage Licenses become effective the following calendar day after they are issued (not 24 hours)
- Marriage Licenses are only valid for 60 days
- Witnesses are not required by Illinois law.
DeKalb County Clerk
Attn: Vital Records Dept.
110 East Sycamore Street
Sycamore, IL 60178
|Monday – Friday|
|8:30 am – 4:30 pm|